Condorcet is Cute

Steve Eppley SEppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed Mar 17 17:01:21 PST 1999

Rob Lanphier wrote:
-snip-
> Donald, I think the "pairwise guys" have been putting up with you, and I
> feel like I've been pretty generous in not taking you off of this list.
> Your arguments are specious and disingenuous.  This last email clearly
> demonstrates that you have no desire to learn anything, but rather try to
> grind down people's resistance to your beliefs.
>
> I'd appreciate input from other members of this list as to whether I
> should take Donald off of the list.
-snip-

I endorse Rob's opinion that Donald is a turkey who almost never
writes anything of value.  Perhaps an appropriate action would be to
accumulate a list of people who concur, to be periodically posted
along with instructions on how his messages can be automatically
filtered out by the email software of anyone who doesn't want to
receive his messages.

I've had similar musings about whether I should take some action in
the elections-reform (ER) maillist, since I have some power as its
"list owner."  Since so many internet sites offer free maillists,
Donald could easily set up his own maillist for anyone who wants to
receive his posts.  I'd be willing to periodically post a message
announcing the existence of his maillist, so new ER subscribers can
find it.