Explaining Schulze

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 2 19:21:45 PDT 1998

Mr. Cretney wrote in part--

3.  We will only disregard a majority preference if it is contradicted by
greater majority preferences.
-----
D- I suggest that the *major* (i.e. total) problem for the public would be the
dropping of ANY majority result in a tiebreaker cycle.  The defeated candidate
and the folks in such majorities would be very highly critical of the method.

I suggest again that the last YES choices on all ballots be dropped to
eliminate choices.

Example--

Voters vote YES/NO on each choice and vote 1, 2, etc.
5 choices in a circular tie (each has a YES majority).
The 5th YES vote on all ballots would be dropped with the head to head math
being rechecked.   If necessary, the 4th, the 3rd, etc. YES votes would be
dropped.