IRO, monotonicity

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Thu Oct 29 19:03:14 PST 1998

Th
Thanks, Markus, for pointing out those passages. I'd noticed
his hierarchy of manipulability. Garbage, of course. I didn't
know that he considered it to outweigh IRO's nonmonotonicity
& failure of Condorcet's Criterion.

I hadn't noticed the other passages, so thanks for pointing them
out. I notice that, in the last one he says that
_if manipulabililty is the prime concern_ then IRO is better.

That's a big "if".

The reason why Nurmi's manipulability hierarch is garbage
is because the academic authors seem to be idiots on that
subject. Continued in subsequent message.

Mike