Ranking can violate secrecy.

David Marsay djmarsay at dera.gov.uk
Fri Oct 16 05:12:51 PDT 1998

> From:          Bart Ingles <bartman at netgate.net>
> Subject:       Re: Ranking can violate secrecy.

(Copied below)

proposed criterion:
'signature'
The number of possible distinct ballot papers shall not exceed 5%
(say) of the electorate.
(To avoid the possibility of voters 'signing' votes to prove to the
winner that they did vote for them.)

(E.g., voters can mark a 1st and 2nd choice. Given the
unavoidable problems of tactical voting, this may not be too great a
limitation.)