[EM] Initiatives

Charles Fiterman cef at geodesic.com
Fri Nov 6 10:39:30 PST 1998

At 12:04 PM 11/6/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Daniel Davis,
>
>     My current thinking is that only the U.S. Supreme Court should be
>allowed to rule on  unconstitutional in regard to the U.S. Constitution.
>
>     With the exception that state supreme courts would be able to rule on
>the unconstitutional in regard to state constitutions.

This would render the process useless. Those courts simply don't have
the time for all the cases settled that way. The current process works
just fine. Any court can make such ruling and get overruled and there
is precedent.

The process of appeal is one of the threads by which all our rights hang,
without it we have no rights because there is no process for stating them.
Thus any attack on this process is a broad attack on all rights.