First Choice Criterion

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Thu Nov 5 19:25:46 PST 1998

> Mike Ositoff wrote:
>

> > I"ve been repeatedly making the point that we should vote
> > for our favorite, or at least never for someone we don't
> > respect & like & trust. If you vote for a lesser-evil then
> > you vote for an evil.
>
>     Than under the first-past-the-post, you may as well not show up under most elections.

That's why I refuse to vote in FPP elections. Why validate
a no-good method by participating in it.

>     Remember, a vote is a terrible thing to waste.

Then don't waste it by participating in an abominably inadequate
voting system like FPP. Or, if you insist on voting, at least
don't waste your vote by giving it to someone whom you don't
really like, a "lesser-evil".

Mike