First Choice Criterion

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Wed Nov 4 18:32:04 PST 1998

> Also, could you provide an example of ballots where VA Condorcet
> passes, but Marginal Condorcet fails this criterion.

I'll find those examples & post them again. It's easy to
make Margins fail strong 1st Choice. Truncation is all it
takes. With order-reversal, Margins will fail even weak
1st Choice, if you agree that the CW's voters aren't able
to really protect the CW, since to deter order-reversal from
1 side, perfectly sets the CW up for order-reversal from
the other side.

I'll find the examples & re-post them tomorrow (November 5th,
afternoon, California time)

Mike