First Choice Criterion

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Wed Nov 4 18:36:59 PST 1998

> Beth Cornell wrote:
>
> > I believe that one should vote for the candidate that has the best ideals for ones town,state,country.   Beth Cornell
> >

>     As opposed to those of us who think we should vote for the candidate that has the worst ideals?

Excuse me, but "not best" isn't the same as "worst". For
instance, if you believe that Nader has the best ideals in
'92, but you instead voted for some sleaze who seemed more
winnable, more able to beat someone even worse, then
you didn't vote for the candidate with best ideals, but
didn't necessarily vote for the one with worst ideals.

I"ve been repeatedly making the point that we should vote
for our favorite, or at least never for someone we don't
respect & like & trust. If you vote for a lesser-evil then
you vote for an evil.

Mike