Honest vs. manipulated ratings

DEMOREP1 DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu May 7 17:59:58 PDT 1998

I note again for real public elections- a candidate is or is not elected to an
executive or judicial office (i.e. yes or no).

Only candidates that rate above 0 on Mr. Saari's +10 to -10 rating scale
should be elected (which is why I suggest a YES/NO vote be done on each
candidate along with a 1, 2, etc. numerical ranking).

If there are candidates like Hitler and Stalin in extreme times (such as 1932)
one might expect such candidates to tell their not so intelligent supporters
to blindly vote the extremes +10 or -10.

Making personal taste levels on candidates (i.e. comparing candidates for U.S.
President and flavors of pie) is somewhat irrelevant as to whether or not a
specific candidate gets elected.    Poll mania is bad enough now (e.g. How
many voters strongly/moderately support/oppose the incumbent XX in office ZZ
?).