Reverse Bucklin tiebreaker

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 13 14:05:57 PDT 1998

A supplement--
For "principle" fans-  a Reverse Bucklin tiebreaker majority defeats.

It may not have clear that if a Reverse Bucklin majority eliminates a choice,
that the Condorcet head to head math would be looked at again to see if there
was a Condorcet winner.

Thus the "Bottom line" should be modified to read--

YES/NO vote on each choice
Majority YES choices go head to head
Reverse Bucklin as tiebreaker (and looking at the head to head math again if
one or more choices loses).

Reverse Bucklin can also be used as a tiebreaker in electing 2 or more
executive or judicial officers and/or in multi-member proportional
representation elections (such as 5 legislators in a district)-- that is, a
tiebreaker for the unfilled positions where there is not/ are not any initial
Condorcet winner(s).

Credits for Reverse Bucklin-- Mr. Condorcet, Mr. Bucklin, the various Approval
authors, Mr. Ossipoff, Mr. Schulze (with his 5 candidate examples) and yours
truly.  We build on the works of our predecessors.