Regretted Turnout. Insincere = ranking.

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 12 22:33:10 PDT 1998

Markus Schulze wrote:---

Bucklin fails to meet my "No-Punishment Criterion".

Example 1:

   39 voters vote A > B > C.
   10 voters vote B > A > B.
   51 voters vote C > A > B.

   Bucklin elects candidate C.

Example 2:

   39 voters vote A > B > C.
   10 voters vote B > A > B.
   51 voters vote C > A > B.
   06 voters vote B > C > A.

   Now, Bucklin elects candidate A.

In other words, the additional 6 voters, who vote
B > C > A, are "punished" for going to the poll.
The example above also demonstrates, that
Bucklin fails to meet Fishburn's "No-Show Criterion".

-----
D-   I suggest that Fishburn's "No-Show Criterion" and virtually all other
"Criterion"  are not relevant in breaking Condorcet circular ties.

If initial conditions change (i.e. by adding more voters with different
rankings), then the results can be expected to change.