point systems use more information?

David Marsay djmarsay at dra.hmg.gb
Mon Jun 8 03:04:14 PDT 1998

Dear Mike,

As a supporter of Condorcet, how familiar are you with John Locke? I
have not yet got an authoritative paraphrasing, but your remark about
LO2E resonates with Locke's views on short-term versus long-term
decisions. If - as Locke supposes - the constitution should balance
these, they must at least both be reflected, as you say. I wonder if
Condorcet had this in mind when developing his voting method?