Tiebreakers

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 19:18:34 PDT 1998

Regarding the 2 examples of Markus Schulze from Subj:   Re: Near Clone Sets,
Date:  Wed, Jun 10, 1998 8:05 AM EDT---

Part A.   One tiebreaker has successive worst defeats causing losses.

100 voters

A/C  70/30
A/D  55/45

B/A   80/20
B/C   50/50

C/B   50/50
C/D   85/15  D loses

D/B  65/35

Check remaining   B>A>C=B
----
A/C  70/30

B/A   80/20  A loses
B/C   50/50

C/B   50/50
-----
B/C   50/50
                       B and C tied
C/B   50/50
--------------
106 voters

  A/C  70/36
  A/D   55/51

  B/A   86/20   A loses
  B/C   56/50

  C/D   85/21

  D/B   71/35

Check remaining  B>C>D>B
--------------
  B/C   56/50

  C/D   85/21  D loses

  D/B   71/35

--------
  B/C   56/50  B wins.  D complains.

Part B.  Another tiebreaker is having the choice with the fewest first choice
votes losing (based on the idea that such fewest number of voters is less
likely to be correct).

100 voters

  35 voters vote B > A > C > D.
  30 voters vote C > D > B > A.