Regretted Turnout. Insincere = ranking.

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Fri Jun 12 06:33:14 PDT 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Markus Schulze wrote:

> Dear Mike,
>
> you wrote (12 Jun 1998):
> > And now, before someone else tells me, I must admit that
> > the Smith//Condorcet(EM) with subcycle rule 2 violates
> > Pareto, and GMC.
>
> This election method also violates the Monotonicity Criterion
> and the No-Show Criterion.

That makes it even less recommendable, the monotonicity violation.

Thanks for taking the time to evaluate the method.

I didn't know that the method violated monotonicity, but I was
braced for the possibility, since it's an elimination method.
Not that I can claim to know how that happens, till I work
that example.

Mike