Normative principles of elections- Condorcet etc.

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 26 17:08:16 PDT 1998

Mr. Ossipoff wrote in part--
But as for principles that (almost) everyone can agree on,
we Condorcet advocates base our whole advocacy on such principles:

Majority rule
Getting rid of the lesser-of-2-evils problem (LO2E)
Avoiding the need for defensive strategy

(The last 2 are the same, really, and both are closely
related to the first)
-----
D- I am happy that Mr. O. also likes Majority rule in addition to yours truly
(especially since monarchial/oligarchial minority rule has been a curse on the
planet for 5,000 plus years and the political cause of numerous wars and
domestic problems).