spoke too soon

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Thu Aug 13 13:52:34 PDT 1998

Right after I sent that most recent letter, I realized that,
even without pairwise ties, an alternative can be unbeaten
without beating anything, by its defeats having been dropped.
So I take back the statement that the procedure that Norm
described gives the same results as plain Condorcet(EM).

If it can give the same results as SD, without having to trace
all possible beatpaths, to check for cycles, that would make
SD feasible even with large numbers of candidates.

Mike