HELP!! (Request for Condorcet's Sketch (or Outline) etc.)

Hugh Tobin htobin at redstone.net
Fri Nov 28 11:31:17 PST 1997

Here is a copy of my message to YCOLIN, in case others may be looking
for this work, or even the complete works of Condorcet.  Another
possible source is www.abebooks.com.

Rob Lanphier wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 mrico at geocities.com wrote:
> > HELLO, I´M MAIRA COLIN GARCIA AND I STUDY POLITICAL SCIENCE IN THE ITAM.
> > I WANT TO NOW IF YOU HAVE THE BOOK OF CONDORSET "CONSIDERATIONS ABOUT OF
> > PROGRESS OF HUMAN SPIRIT" (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT) .
> > IN ALL THE LIBRARYS OF MEXICO DON´T EXIST THIS BOOK BUT SOMEBODY MUST BE
> > HAVE IT.MY DIRECTION OF INTERNET IS:YCOLIN at COLOSSUS.RHON.ITAM.MX.
> > IF YOU HAVE SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE BOOK, PLEASE WRITE ME.THANKS.
>
> Sorry, I personally don't know how you can get this, but I've cc'd the
> Election Methods list, and there may be someone there who knows.
>
> Rob Lanphier
> robla at eskimo.com
> http://www.eskimo.com/~robla

Try the following sources, from daniel.interloc.com.
Also, wordsworth.com and alt.bookstore.com are among possible sources on
the internet.  For a French version you also could try
www.alapage.tm.fr.
Good luck.

1
    Author:
         Condorcet, Antoine-Nicolas de
     Title:
         Sketch for a Historical Picture of the Progress
         of the Human Mind
         NY, 1955,. sm. 8vo, slightly worn in tattered d/j.
         Topic/Keywords:
     Price:
         $15.00
                      Offered By:
                              ZUBALBKS
                                                Info/Order

 2
   Author:
         CONDORCET, Marie Jean Antoine Nicolas Caritat Marquis
         de
     Title:
         Sketch for a Historical Picture, etc.
         CONDORCET. Sketch for a Historical Picture of the
         Progress of the Human Mind. Tr. by J. Barraclough, with an
         Introduction by S. Hampshire. Weidenfeld and Nicholson.
         1955. Sm 8vo, cloth, xvi+202pp.. Topic/Keywords: French
         Phil.
     Price:
         $52.00
                     Offered By:
                             THOEMMES
                                                Info/Order

 3
   Author:
         CONDORCET, Marie Jean Antoine Nicolas Caritat Marquis
         de
     Title:
         Oeuvres.
         CONDORCET. Oeuvres. Edition of A. C. O'Connor & F.
         Arago. Paris. 1847-1849. [Reprint by Frommann, 1968].
         Twelve volumes, cloth, 8127 pp. new.. Topic/Keywords:
         French Phil.
     Price:
         $3341.00
                      Offered By:
                              THOEMMES
                                                Info/Order

 4
   Author:
         De Condorcet, M.
     Title:
         Outlines of an Historical View of the Progress of
         the Human Mind
         Baltimore, G. Fryer, 1802. Original full leather; maroon
         lettering piece, gilt. Leather wewll worn at edges and spine
         tips.. Unusual early repair of the boards using cord to
reattach
         them to the tight spine. Apparently lacks frontispiece; tp.
torn
         away at middle where a name typically appeared. Text block
         intact with early pencil marginal lines and a trace of foxing..
         Topic/Keywords: EARLY PRINTING PHILOSOPHY
     Price:
         $50.00
                     Offered By:
                              THORNBKS
                                                Info/Order

 5
    Author:
         DE CONDORCET, Antoine-Nicolas
     Title:
         Sketch for a Historical Picture of the Progress
         of the Human Mind.
         N. Y. 1955.. Topic/Keywords: PHILOS
     Price:
         $25.00