OPPOSE CFV: FAQ Section Headings

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 9 13:35:07 PST 1997

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 Saari at aol.com wrote:
> This is a "Call For Vote" for some content to be added to the FAQ.  To vote,
> please consult the previous message "THE FAQ POLL IS NOW OPEN" for
> instructions.
>
> Proposal Start:
> Add these section headings to the FAQ:
>
> INTRODUCTION
> DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
> GENERAL QUESTIONS
>
> Proposal End.
>
> The deadline for this proposal is 2AM PST (California time) on March 10.
>
> Commentary:
> This proposal delineates several major subsections for the FAQ.  (Other
> subsections can be added later if we want.)
> End Commentary.

Let me make myself clear.  I don't want to get in a situation where we
vote on every little semicolon and period in the document.  I don't want
people calling for votes until they have a *finished* product to put on
the table.

IS THIS CLEAR?

The voting method that I proposed was *only* for finished documents.
That's it.  Nothing else is binding in my book.

It's a pure YES/NO vote (or SUPPORT/OPPOSE, I could care less) for
finished documents.  When a finished document is approved, the old FAQ is
replaced with a new one.  It's really quite simple.

Please don't clutter the list with votes on outlines or titles.  Had I
known this was your intention, I would have nipped this at the bud.

Thank you.
Rob
---
Rob Lanphier