Fishburn Rich Parties Example

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 22:52:35 PST 1997

Mr. Ossipoff wrote:
The percents in the left column are the percents of the voters
who vote the ranking that follows the percents in the same line:

35%: A1, A2
32%: B
33%: C1, C2, B
----
D- I note that if each voting percentage means the candidate is acceptable,
then only B gets over a 50% acceptable amount (i.e. 65%).

I believe it would be somewhat more common for the A and C party math to be
something like--
20%: A1, A2
15%: A2, A1
32%: B
19%: C1, C2, B
14%: C2, C1, B
Once again I suggest that single winner elections for executive and judicial
offices be nonpartisan. Most cities survive rather well by having nonpartisan
elections for mayors, city treasurers, city attorneys, etc.