Absolute Vodka Corrupts Absolutely

Mike Ossipoff dfb at bbs.cruzio.com
Thu Jan 2 19:34:35 PST 1997

DEMOREP1 at aol.com writes:

> Donald wrote:
>
> In England a late Lord one time said:
>
>         "Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"
> -----
> D- The Lord was Lord Acton, 1834-1902, a British historian. Absolute Power is
> a mixture of legislative, executive and judicial power such as that possessed
> by Hitler, Stalin and Saddam.

Nonsense. Why is Demorep so fond of Hitler & Stalin? We've heard
much repetition of that lack of "separation of powers" will corrupt.
Is that why the U.S. is so much less corrupt than the Parliamentary
PR democracies? :-)

Why should Parliament be corupt? Repeated assertion, with no justification.

And Don's statement that Russians say that Absolut vodka corrupts
absolutely must be based on a misbelief on Don's part that Absolut
is a Russian brand. Nope. Or maybe the reason why Russians say
that Absolut vodka corrupts absolutely is because it competes with
their own brand, Stolichnaya. :-)

Mike