Donald Davison on Condorcet (was Re: Reply to Hugh Tobi

Steve Eppley seppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Sat Jan 4 15:59:45 PST 1997

>>Donald D wrote:
>>> One possible adjustment is for them not to make any more
>>> selections than one.

>Steve E wrote:
>>    *** Alert!  Disorderly discussion! ***
-snip-

Rob L wrote:
>I honestly doubt that there has been a serious attempt to reconcile
>differences here.
-snip-

I believe I've made serious attempts to explore the differences
and explain my viewpoints.  If Rob is saying otherwise I don't
understand why.

I don't think it takes a telephone conversation to reconcile
differences; just a willingness to reply to each other's arguments.
Failure to do so is disorderly discussion.