Fishburn//Copeland//Condorcet

Rob Lanphier robla at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 4 14:45:45 PST 1997

Bruce and I had a conversation a while back about the possibilities of
this method.  I can't remember all of the details of it, and I hope I've
got it right (Bruce, please correct me if I don't).  This meets a lot of
criterion that Condorcet fails (Condorcet loser, etc.).  The Fishburn
caveat eliminates the Rich Parties problem that Steve and Mike have
brought up in the past.

The reason that I haven't posted it is that I wasn't in the position to
defend it or even analyse it too deeply.  The only reason why I bring it
up now is that I realize it won't get brought up if I don't.  I'm still
not in much of a position to defend it, but I'm wondering what people
think of it.

Thoughts?

---
Rob Lanphier