Spread spectrum analysis: IR vs Condorcet

Steve Eppley seppley at alumni.caltech.edu
Sun Oct 27 12:41:20 PST 1996

Bruce A wrote:
>I've heard of analyses involving voter distributions being called
>"spatial models," and, in particular, Steven Brams has written a
>monograph entitled "Spatial Models of Election Competition" (1979).
-snip-

Thanks for the reference and the term.  I stole "spread spectrum"
from an unrelated field (communication and information theory).

Did Brams cover ranked ballot methods in his monograph?

I'll check Peter Ordeshook's book, _Game Theory and Political
Theory: An Introduction_ (1986).  I recall seeing a lot of spatial
diagrams when I read some of it a few months ago.