Demorep's Example & Objection

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 19 20:50:26 PDT 1996

As I have mentioned many times, the opponents of any new election method
tending towards majority rule will bring up extreme examples so that the
method must deal with all possibilities.
Anybody recall the S.S. Titanic, the Chernobyl or the Challenger disasters
which supposedly were unlikely according to their designers ?
Once again my comments were about a possible tie breaker only. In Condorcet
tie breaker cases, the question is which first choice votes should lose.