[EM] Ballot Pairs Revisited by Donald

donald at mich.com donald at mich.com
Thu Nov 21 02:27:13 PST 1996

Dear Methods List,

     I would like to thank everyone that read my post on Condorcet Pairs on
the Ballot - and extra thanks to the ones that gave a reply.

     I will yield to the chorus - you were in good voice and all together -
I concede that this would not be the best thing to do in a real election.

     Having said that I hold that this is a good thing to do for testing
purposes. This method gives Condorcet results. If Condorcet is better than
Run-off then it follows that Condorcet Pairs on the Ballot is better than
Run-off.

     We should be able to prove that Condorcet Pairs on the Ballot is
better than Run-off? Do you think this can be proved without using
rankings? Condorcet Pairs on the Ballot has no rankings.

Donald,