Subcycles and the Rich Party Problem

Mike Ossipoff dfb at bbs.cruzio.com
Sun Jun 23 19:54:03 PDT 1996

I've just realized that, in my long definition of a "co-partisan set",
I got one of the sentences wrong. So let me re-write the definition
here:

A set, S, is a co-partisan set iff:

Everyone who ranks some member of S over some alternative, X,
outside S, ranks everything in S over X. And everyone who
doesn't rank some alternative in S over some alternative X,
outside S, doesn't rank any alternative in S over X. And
everyone who ranks some alternative, Y, outside S, over some
alterntive in S ranks Y over everything in S. And everyone who
doesn't rank some alternative Y, outside S, over some alterenative
in S doesn't rank Y over anything in S.

Mike