New pairwise tie-breaker (was Re: Various Condorcet Tie

Mike Ossipoff dfb at bbs.cruzio.com
Sun Jun 16 00:04:20 PDT 1996

That's true; I missed the fact that neo-Dodgeson works against
truncation. Whether that could meet as strong a criterion as
LO2E-1 or Truncation Resistance or IME, I don't know.

As Steve said, neo-Dodgeson doesn't help in order-reversal situations.
Like Dodgeson or Young, it wouldn't meet LO2E-2 under the common
or strictly attainable conditions that Condorcet does. Whether it
could meet LO2E-1 or IME, I don't know yet.

An example for Young & Dodgson will be along tomorrow. I never
have examples ready right away, but I'll post one tomorrow.

Mike