Lesser of 2 evils

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 13 06:25:24 PDT 1996

For new folk I repeat that the obvious remedy for removing evil candidates
(greater or lesser) in executive and judicial elections is a disapproval vote
(i.e. give such candidates a zero (0) vote).

Any candidate getting a majority of disapproval votes would lose. Thus, any
supporters of minority candidates could *sincerely* vote to their heart's
/brain's desires for their candidates but such candidates would lose.

The underlying tone in many single winner examples continues to give
legislative agenda attributes to executive office elections which properly
belong in legislative system discussions.

Any remaining candidate(s) would be tolerable to a majority of the voters. If
a Condorcet tie occurs, then it means there would be a divided majority.

My only basic question is what Condorcet tie breaker should be used in the
three cases- single winner executive/ judicial, multi-winner executive /
judicial and multi-legislative.