P.S.

Mike Ossipoff dfb at bbs.cruzio.com
Sun Dec 1 04:51:28 PST 1996

I've decided to add this p.s. to my letter because it describes
a consistent general pattern. It's a pattern that Rob pointed
out, and I'd like to say a little more about it.

First, let me say that this letter is going to be divided into
a number of short messages, because there's a computer fault
of some kind that is sometimes locking the keyboard from time
to time, and the shorter the messages, the less time I lose
when that happens. I emphasize that these messages are all part
of 1 single p.s., not a series of separate decisions to say
more.

Here's the pattern: If you disagree with Don, & especially
if Don feels that you've said so in strong terms, or emphatic
or critical terms, that means, to Don, that you're defensive,
and that Don must be close to the truth. The irony is that
when Don has been making an ass out of himself for a long
time, re-stating the same old oft-refuted arguments, people
do get a little critical, or emphatic in their disagreement.
This, as I said, tells Don that he's found a "chink in the
armor" (or whatever that day's metaphor is), and that he's
got you on the run, because he's close to the truth, and
has found your vulnerability. This is a remarkable ability
to fantasise victory.

I must mail this now, but will write several more installments.

Mike