[EM] Announcing OpenSTV 1.0 (formerly pSTV)

Jeffrey O'Neill jco8 at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 10 16:05:13 PDT 2006

Announcing OpenSTV version 1.0 -- software for computing the single
transferable vote, instant runoff voting, and many other voting systems.

Previous releases of this software were called pSTV, but the new name
better reflects the purpose of the software, which is entirely open
source.  More details and download links are at
http://stv.sourceforge.net.

In addition to the new name, we have a new programmer.  Jonathan
Lundell has joined the project and among other contributions has
created an installer for Mac OSX.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  We are looking for
(1) bug reports and feedback on usability,
(2) Python programmers or people who would be willing to learn, and
(3) web developers (something like Drupal or Xoops).

Please contact me if you are willing to help.
Jeff O'Neill