[EM] About random election methods

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Tue Mar 15 05:44:36 PST 2005

Russ Paielli wrote:

> I think voters will reject any method that isn't deterministic.

They don't currently do so, so why would they do so in the future?

It is not completely unexpected for a tie to occur and, when that
happens under Plurality (First-Past-The-Post), the winner has generally
been determined by random.

However, I would agree with the following statement:

I think voters will reject any method that isn't deterministic except in
the case where a true tie requires a resolution.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ==
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu