PR vs. Geographic Representation [WAS: RE: [EM] Bill Lewis, never re-district]

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 06:34:13 PST 2004

Bill Clark said:
> I'll look into STV-PR, then.  Stephane Rouillon has also
> suggested to me that I examine SPPA, which I believe may be a
> variant of (or at least similar to) STV-PR.
>
> Searching for both of those terms in conjunction has yielded
> quite satisfying results from the archive.

You find lots about STV-PR on websites around the world as it is a real system that has been in use
in public elections for many decades.  For a gentle start I would suggest
http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/ and look at voting systems.  For a current campaign for its
introduction for local council elections try http://www.fairsharevoting.org .
James