[EM] Re: To Bill Lewis Clark re: stepping-stone

Bill Lewis Clark wclark at xoom.org
Mon Jan 26 12:42:22 PST 2004

Forest Simmons wrote:

> Candidates don't always stick by their campaign promises.

That's why I chose to support Kucinich instead of Dean.  Given his track
record, Kucinich seems more likely to stick by his promises.

Unfortunately, he also seems to stand about a snowball's chance in hell of
actually getting the Democratic nomination -- but he's also made it clear
in recent weeks that part of his goal is to get some leverage for his
ideas, should it come down to a brokered nomination at the convention
(which is looking more and more likely.)

> A candidate that says she supports IRV might easily switch to
> Approval or Condorcet if somebody explains them to her after she
> wins the election.

One can hope. :)

-Bill Clark

--