[EM] To Bill Lewis Clark re: stepping-stone

Dgamble997 at aol.com Dgamble997 at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 15:41:02 PST 2004

Mike Ossipoff wrote:

>Is that what happened in Australia? And don't say that IRV hasn't committed
>its failures in Australia. It wouldn't show up in the data that are recorded

>and published.

What are you saying here Mike? That even though you can find none of IRV's
failures in recorded and published data you nevertheless KNOW that they are
there.

You give the impression that your opposition to IRV has elements of
quasi-religious belief about it- I don't need evidence, I know these things to be true
without any need of evidence.

>Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Doing something right the first
>time is better than doing it wrong, and then hoping to fix it later.

Rejecting any option because it is not 100% of what you want is a usually a
very poor strategy in any situation. Very rarely in life can we have everything
that we want. We have to compromise. Some improvement, 50% of what we want is
better than nothing. Any improvement is better than no change.

David Gamble