[EM] Re: bicameral design poll

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 5 13:01:02 PST 2004

Sincerely,

I believe any geographic linkage is source of clientelism (favourism)
between elected officials and their electorate.

I keep thinking that one of the chamber should use non-geographical districts.

For an example using 40 seats you could use the day and month of birth.

Seat number                Elector of MA(Massachussett) born between
1                               January 1st - January 10th
2                               January 11th - January 19th
3                               January 20th - January 29th
4                               January 30th - February 6th
5                               February 7th - February 16th
6                               February 17th - February 24th
etc...

So for this chamber, no gerrymanderring, no dealing for votes, no seat
reserved for
candidates friends of the party chief, no huge discrepancies in the number of
electors
per district... Comments?

Stéphane Rouillon