[EM] PC isn't Simpson-Kramer. MinMax isn't a method-name. I'll name my poposals.

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 23:48:02 PST 2004

Markus said:

For Ernest's proposal, I suggest terms like "Smith-MinMax"

I reply:

MinMax doesn't have a meanng as a method-name, beacuse it's used to refer
too too many different methods. For instance:

Markus continued:

or "Smith-Simpson-Kramer".

I reply:

Simpson-Kramer doesn't resemble PC. I refer Markus to the _Journal of
Economic Perspective_, for Winter '95.

It's been a long time since I looked at that article, but it seems to me
that Simpson-Kramer is based a candidate's votes-for in
pairwise-comparisons, without distinguishing  between the candidate's
defeats and his victories.

If Markus wouldn't mind too much, I'll be the one to name the methods that I
propose.

Mike Ossipoff