[EM] Hexagons won't make districts

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 02:06:01 PST 2004

Though the plane can be tiled by hexagons, the districts will have to be of
varying sizes, and the border districts won't be any definite shape.

Hexagons to tile the plane must be the same size. The districts can't be
hexagons.

Somone said that the districts should be convex. I agree.

What shapes are convex and can fit together when not the same size?

Rectangles and triangles. Rectangles are more orderly than triangles would
be, and have a simpler automated districting formula.

Mike Ossipoff