[EM] Intro to list (etc)

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Mon Oct 27 08:47:19 PST 2003

At 11:11 AM -0500 10/27/03, Adam Tarr wrote:
>But I agree with Rob B that the average ESPN.com/Slashdot/CNN.com
>user will not want the poll unless it can display results in an
>extremely simple, bar-graph type fashion.  The (admittedly strange)
>approach I proposed would manage that.

Well, when using Ranked Pairs, the winner is derived from what is a
matrix representation of a directed graph...see the 'Kept Matrix' at
http://www.ericgorr.net/condorcet (use the 'Tell Me Everything'
option).

Converting this matrix into an actual directed graph might be a
useful way to display the results. The arrow between two nodes on the
graph could be labeled with the strength of the defeat.

I think this would be fairly clear to the average person.