[EM] Majority Choice Approval and Bucklin

matt matt matt at tidalwave.net
Fri Feb 21 06:34:31 PST 2003

No fixed limits on the number of gradations are needed.  Instead, utilize RP or BeatPath on ballots that are truncated after the voter designated approval cutoff.  All of the candidates not on the ballot (including those dropped) will be considered ranked last and will receive zero votes in the competitions with each other.  Equally ranked approved candidates on the ballot can receive 1/2 vote each.  Like MCA, it is a preference enhanced approval method - call it RP or BeatPath enhanced Approval.

From: Adam Tarr <atarr at purdue.edu>
Date:  Thu, 20 Feb 2003 01:34:19 -0500

Sent via the WebMail system at tidalwave.net

----