[EM] Hello (Intro); PR......

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 19 17:34:58 PST 2003

James said:

>   The whole point about STV-PR is
> that, uniquely among PR systems, it allows the electors to vote for all the
> candidates as individuals.  So it is the voters who decide which candidates take
> the seats.

The point of allowing the electors to vote for all the candidates as
individuals is definitively the key for me to obtain free
representatives. However, STV is a semi-proportional system (take the
quota and the multiple-membered ridings you want) . This is why I cam
with SPPA. It is fully proportional because
of a different mathematical mecanism and it applies to the whole country
by sampling the electorate.

Steph.