What are we all about?

James Gilmour jgilmour at globalnet.co.uk
Thu Jul 25 14:37:10 PDT 2002

Josh wrote:
> SEE: France

I don't know whether this is mis-information or dis-information.
Either way, it is wrong and completely irrelevant.

The "problem" with the French Presidential election system is that the votes are not transferable.
Had the highly fractured Left been able to re-group around a preferred candidate, there never would have been a news story.

It is a common mistake to think that France uses some system like IRV.  They don't even use the Exhaustive Ballot properly as they
allow only the top two candidates from round one to go into round two.  With the consequences we have all seen.

James Gilmour

----