[EM] When will Approval Voting defeat a majority candidate

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sun Jan 20 11:23:40 PST 2002

No argument from me, my only point was that this particular concern
seemed moot, because almost all methods (except Borda) meet this
"first-choice majority" criterion when considering actual ballots, and
none meet it when considering sincere preferences.

So yes, I agree the emphasis is misplaced, since the criterion is
basically useless, except maybe to highlight one of Borda's little
quirks.

Bart