Circular tie solutions should be obvious

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 20 21:17:10 PST 2000

>Namely, having a one step election reform that produces circa 40-49 >
> >percent
>YES plurality winners has approximately zero chance of being adopted >in
>the
>real world.

Well, Plurality is in use now, and it doesn't have Y/N, and
it isn't unusual for it to elect someone with only, say,
40% public support, and probably even less if we knew how
people really felt.

Surely lack of a Y/N vote therefore wouldn't prevent public
acceptance of a method that improves on Plurality, a method
that itself has no Y/N vote on each candidate.

Mike Ossipoff