Proposed SD Algorithm Defective

Norman Petry npetry at sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 14 08:05:54 PDT 1998

Here's a sketch of how I think my SD algorithm might be fixed, without
having to trace beat-paths:

1) Repeatedly eliminate any beat-nothing candidates (this would be E, then D
in my example).
2) Check for candidates who beat-something and are not beaten.  Declare
these candidates as winners, and quit.  If there aren't winners, then:
3) Break the weakest defeat(s).  Goto 1.

I'm going away for a few days, but I thought I'd post this quick summary of
the idea in case anyone on the list would like to check it over while I'm
away.

Norm Petry