1992, not 1922

Mike Ositoff ntk at netcom.com
Mon Aug 3 13:56:42 PDT 1998

Sorry, another typo:

In the letter that I just posted ("Tideman Definition Different?"),
I said that a guest-editorial was published June 21, '22
in which the author said he liked Condorcet best, or at least
better than the other methods to which he was comparing it.

Actually, that was in 1992, not 1922. I mis-typed it.

Also, it's occurred to me that, as Norm pointed out, Tideman
is an interpretation of Condorcet, and, in that case, so is
the closely-related or equivalent Schulze. So all of these
best of the known simple rank-balloting count rules are
Condorcet. So they all benefit from the praise that Condorcet
received in that guest-editorial.

By the way, the guest-editorial was entitled:

"Factoring Perot: The Last May Be First". Or maybe it
was "The Last May Be First: Factoring Perot". Probably the
first of those 2, but I'm not sure.

Mike Ossipoff