Absolute Vodka Corrupts Absolutely

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 13:54:19 PST 1997

Mr. Ossipoff wrote:
---
DEMOREP1 at aol.com writes:

> Donald wrote:
>
> In England a late Lord one time said:
>
>         "Power Corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"
> -----
> D- The Lord was Lord Acton, 1834-1902, a British historian. Absolute Power
is
> a mixture of legislative, executive and judicial power such as that
possessed
> by Hitler, Stalin and Saddam.

Nonsense. Why is Demorep so fond of Hitler & Stalin? We've heard much
repetition of that lack of "separation of powers" will corrupt.
Is that why the U.S. is so much less corrupt than the Parliamentary PR
democracies? :-)

Why should Parliament be corupt? Repeated assertion, with no justification.
-----------
The Term Limits home page has the quote being---

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." - Lord Acton
(letter, Apr. 5, 1887)

Demorep1 is not fond of Hitler & Stalin- a typical Ossipoff libel.

It seems Mr. Ossipoff has a different dictionary regarding the definition of
tyranny.   Is Mr. Ossipoff claiming that Hitler and Stalin did not have
absolute legislative, executive and judicial powers at the peak of their
powers and that they were not *corrupt* ?

As to the British Parliament, I would suggest Mr. Ossipoff read the U.S.
Declaration of Independence regarding the activities of King (George III) and
*others* (i.e. the oligarchy in control of the 1776 British Parliament).

In case Mr. Ossipoff is unaware of it, the corruption in the federal and
state governments in the U.S. arises from a mixture of unequal ballot access
laws, the gerrymander in electing the Congress and state and local
legislative bodies (producing totally corrupt indirect minority rule),
plurality nominations in most states, plurality elections, the convention
system for picking candidates for U.S. President and appointed judges (who
are beholden to those who appoint them).