We Discuss _Proposed_ methods.

Kevin Hornbuckle kevinh at efn.org
Tue Jun 4 15:23:51 PDT 1996

> Mike, I really love how you seem to want to run the show here.  Look, I
> started this list because I was tired of folks whining about posts that
> you and I and others made to the e.r. list.  Now you want to turn around
> and limit other peoples' posts.  You may feel free to put them in your
> kill file or unsubscribe from e.m., but don't try to limit them.

I think it would be best to state affirmatively how the EM discussions
would result in material progress toward better election methods. Mike
seems to have done that, asking for action on recommendations.

It might be mentally interesting to keep producing a lot of election
methods, but unless there is some grounding in the real world, the
purpose of reform will be subverted. To move forward, a single winner
reform should receive some sort of recognition as "best" according to
specific criteria. Maybe there are few people on this list who agree with
that or are interested in publicly advocating for election reforms.